Broomsticks on the Bayou

Hello Autumn!
I think it's time for another Halloween party.
Where will our broomsticks take us this year?

The dark forest for Le Mysterieux Carnival?
A Witch's Tea Party Under a Halloween Moon?
Or Maria's Island for a Practical Magic Party?
 
 You might remember a recent post I did about my huge crush on the city of New Orleans and how I think it all started with a childhood visit to the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland. It eventually grew into an obsession and I had to learn as much about that city and it's unique culture as I could.
 
It turns out Marfi and I share the same fondness for the Haunted Mansion and we thought how truly magical it would be to be in New Orleans for Halloween. Since that trip won't exactly be happening this year we thought of the next best thing.
 
 
We're bringing a haunted New Orleans to us.
 
Only a little further west of the Mississippi.
 
The city of New Orleans has fascinated and enchanted people from all walks of life. Artists, gypsies, sinners and saints have all heard her call. She beckons us with her haunted past, old cemeteries, ghost stories, colorful spirits, southern charm, even vampires and off course voodoo and Marie Laveau, the queen of voodoo herself. If you share a fondness for this bewitching city we'd love to have you join in some creative Halloween fun.
 
You can share art, crafts, costumes, décor, jewelry, food, recipes, music, spells, photography, pets, memories or even a real live party. And if you happen to actually live in that city feel free to share as much of anything as you'd like. I promise I'll try not to embarrass myself by drooling too much and I'll try hard not to stalk you!
 
Have your pics and post ready to go by the evening of the 18th, which also happens to be the Full Harvest Moon. How cool is that? Come back and visit me here at Frosted Petunias and Marfi at Incipient Wings on Saturday the 19th and add your link. Then put on some mournful jazzy music, brew up a batch of beignets and a café au lait and take your broomstick on a moonlit trip round the bayou. We'll have both days to make our rounds and off course you can keep visiting even after the weekend.
 
Here's a button to share and a link to add to it.
 
 
 
We'll keep it casual so all you need to do is leave a comment and let me know you're coming. Then just create your post, come on over, share and enjoy. If you're not sure what to do or have questions feel free to email me or Marfi.
 
Hope to see you there!
 
Don't forget to stop by Incipient Wings to check out Marfi's enchanting party announcement and for more Haunted Humpday fun.
 
 
 


28 comments:

Ivy said...

OMG, I am so EXCITED about the party this year! Thanks so much to you and Marfi for coming up with something so exciting. I also LOVE anything New Orleans but have never been. Looking forward to the 18th!! Happy Haunted Humpday!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Dear Anna, I'm doing a happy dance! Like Kim, above, I'm enchanted by "anything New Orleans. So... I'm in!

I don't care if this is right in the middle of my All Hallow's Grim 2013 party (I shall publish 2 posts on the same day ;-)

Hm... I'm thinking a story about one of my favorite (even if really scary) New Orleans witchy inhabitants.

Magaly Guerrero said...

P.S. Happy Haunted Humpday!

Ms Misantropia said...

What an excellent idea, love it! I too share your fascination with New Orleans, I always long to go back.

I have grabbed your button and here's my post: http://msmisantropia.blogspot.se/2013/09/trick-or-treating-plans-and-halloween.html

Laura S Reading said...

I am so excited I posted the button and link before I could find the words to comment!
This will be a great time in a magical place.

Holly said...

Iv'e never been to New Orleans, but I can't wait to participate and travel with everyone.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

My Sweet Man and I took a lovely trip to Nawlins pre Katrina and absolutely loved everything about it. I am as they say in a poker game.....all in.
Can't wait to share the fun and excitement of Broomsticks on the Bayou. Oma Linda

Ms Lilypads said...

New Orleans? Ya mean the city of those gorgeous Creole men and where the bars do not close until 6am (we're speaking of old New Orleans. I couldn't tell you what todays's New Orleans looked like if my Louisiana heritage depended on it!) Oh the mischief that was to be had!

Carmen said...

This sounds like a very fun idea for Halloween! I can't wait. :-)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous idea! I too share a fascination with New Orleans, and until I can travel there in person I will enjoy soaking it up through your lovely party. Count me in for Broomsticks on the Bayou please! I had already started a piece for a client with a voodoo theme when I came across your party. Hooray! www.lovelightandwine.blogspot.com

Ricki Treleaven said...

I can't wait. My husband is from New Orleans, and we visit family and friends often during the year. Our daughter was Marie Laveau for her school's wax museum (she had to represent Louisiana and she chose Marie)!!!

Do we have to sign-up to participate?

So excited!!!

xo,
RJ

Danni said...

I've never had the pleasure of visiting New Orleans, but I've always wanted to! Something about that town calls to me and visiting (even virtually) for Halloween sounds like a real treat!

So count me in.

http://thewhimsicalcottage.blogspot.com

Buccaneers and Ball Gowns said...

I have been have been weirdly drawn to all things southern lately. My new favorite bar (where I am coincidentally going for dinner tonight) is called The Parish and has the most awesome gumbo and amazing drinks. This is right up my alley. Yay!

Hindustanka said...

Hi, Anna!
I'd like to participate, but do I have to relate to New Orleans in my post? .. have no idea what I am going to post about, but I will try :)

Anonymous said...

I think this New Orleans halloween theme is a wonderful idea and I'd like to be a part of it! I've always been fascinated by exactly that kind of magic: voodoo, ancient spells, the lively gods and demons. I can't wait to hear more and I hope, there will be a lot of visitors to tell us all about that special mood down in the south.
magic hugs, serafeena ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh How Wonderful! We at the Cottage would love to attend! We shall be cooking up something fun for all. Maybe a new tale :D
Hugs and Sparkles
WG

Erika said...

What a wonderful idea! It would be very nice to be a part of this Party. I have a Little trip so I don´t know ...
Wish you all a wonderrful Party!
Erika

Karla B said...

Fantastic idea. I am in!

Ms Lilypads said...

I surely hope that you will find time to come and enter my giveaway before the bayou bash! The prize is an unopened deck of oracle cards (and a not too surprising prize), described in the Halloween Humpday post under the Moon and cards post. I'm at The Gratitude Journal of Ms. Lilypads

Aisha @The Bewitching Bibliophile said...

I'm so there!!! I can't wait!! OMGosh this is going to be awesome

Unknown said...

I think I've come up with something. This is going to be fun!

AutumnWind said...

New Orleans, Halloween, Of course I am in!! Yay!

Beth Schreibman Gehring said...

One of my favorite cities at my favorite time of the year? Count me in...and thank you!

www.thewindespherewitch.com

Beth Schreibman Gehring
The Windesphere Witch

Celia said...

OH this sounds like FUN!!!! Count me in!! I don't know much about New Orleans....but it's going to be fun to find out!!

Kelli Green aka Cajunstampingqueen said...

This is going to be great!!! I grew up in Louisiana, was born not far from New Orleans!!! Marched in Mardi Gras Parades every year I was in high school!!! I am super excited to make something for this!!! I love your parties!!!

Emily Thubbron said...

This sounds like fun. One of my blog hoppers, Dogsmom, ask me to post one of my art projects for this party, so I will be back! Can't wait.

Boxwood Cottage said...

Hi Anna,
found a link to you in my comment section. Nice to meet you! I just did a lot of creating and decorating for Halloween so I'm joining in the fun! :)
Carola

Beth Schreibman Gehring said...

Better late than never! I'm finally up! Thank you for having this wonderful party and Happy Samhain to all!

http://stirringthesenses.typepad.com/the_windesphere_witch/2013/10/its-samhain-my-favorite-time-of-year-when-and-if-i-had-my-way-i-would-be-in-new-orleans-completely-naked-drinking-chicory.html

Blessed be to all,
The Windesphere Witch