more potter

Still counting down the days to the final Harry film.

Last night my son set his alarm for 3:30 am and made me promise not to let him sleep through it. What was so important?

Last week an announcement was made that author JK Rowling had something in the works called Pottermore. Not a new book but something 'equally exciting', according to the buzz going around. The official announcement was on YouTube today
....3:30am my time.

Since I'm usually up late (you know floating around the night skies with my pink balloon), I just stayed up and woke him up when the alarm went off.

This is the official announcement:


So for die hard Harry fans this eases the pain of the series coming to an end. Sebastian will be counting down the days until the site goes up in October, which is right around his birthday.

More info at the UK's Telegraph

And if the Pottermore announcement wasn't enough, we also learned that a handful of AMC theaters across the country will be showing a movie marathon of all 7 HP films leading up to the midnight premiere of DH2. Two films a night starting on July 11. One of the 29 theaters participating is a few minutes from my mom's house, who lives 2 hours away. Luckily we spend a lot of time with her during summer break so I'm sure we will just happen to be visiting that week.

We saw all the movies in the theater except for the first one. Sebastian was only 5 and Harry wasn't on his radar yet. But shortly after the film came out on dvd I started reading the books to him and from then on we caught up on all things Harry very quickly.

So lots of excitement here in my house. My brother also happens to be in London on business this week and more than once I know Sebastian was texting his uncle to see if he happened to find any final Harry magazines on the news stands. Yes, being slightly obsessed is definitely in my son's genes :)


9 comments:

Joane said...

I'm very excited about Pottermore! And, I'm not even a kid! Ms. Rowling gets a lot of grief from some about her books and their content but, she brought the excitement of READING back to children in an age where books must compete with computers, video games and all sorts of social media. What a great mom you are to bring the magic of Harry Potter to your child.

Marie said...

I am excited too! So lad you posted this, I was behind in going to the site!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

How wonderful! Thanks for sharing that the Potter magic will continue on! Hope you've been well. :)

Leanne said...

Now THAT is cool! I love how much your son loves these movies - these are going to be the memories of his childhood, and I can't imagine him wanting anything different.

Creative Grammie said...

I can't wait to share this info with my husband! We're both Potter fans, he more than me. None the less, this is exciting news. TFS
You're a great mom for the support you give your son in the things that interests him.

Linda said...

Wow....more I am very excited to learn about more Harry Potter. I can't wait to see the magic begin.

Beansieleigh said...

Wow, this is really something! I am a Harry Potter fan FOR SURE!.. and can't WAIT for the next film to come out!! I was so sad reading the last pages of the book, that I don't know HOW I'm going to walk out of the theater without tears rolling down my cheeks, in front of everybody!.. Love that your son is a fan too!.. Have a great weekend, both of you! ~tina

H.A. Blackthorn said...

I'm 31 now and still hooked on Harry Potter! I don't know that I'll be doing much interactive stuff on Pottermore, but I would like to hear more of the back stories of characters, and the other tidbits she's promised to share.

Celia said...

Oooooooooo.....they are having a HP marathon where I live too!!!! I just looked it up....I can't wait....how cool is this????