waiting for alice

My local neighborhood paper actually ran this full page ad for the new Alice in Wonderland movie. Nothing more than local happenings ever goes in there so it was nice to see our little paper getting support from the big guys. I have to say that I'm really looking forward to seeing it. From what I've seen from the trailers it looks like a visual treat. I like Tim Burton's mad and slightly skewed perspective and no one else, in my opinion, but Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter could pull off playing the Madhatter and the Red Queen. I rarely see movies in the theatre now, opting to see it on dvd in the comfort of my own living room instead. The last one I saw in the theater was actually Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. My son and I saw that 5 times! I think Alice is also one of those films you really have to see in the theater to fully appreciate it. IMAX is showing it in 3D though I don't know if I want to splurge on that just yet. But I'll definitely try to catch a matinee and might even try to do it on opening day this Friday.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh me too! I haven't been to a real theatre in ages (meaning hardly at all) Our family opts to stay at home. It's a little difficult with our youngest having Autism, so most likely we will have to wait for it on DVD. I enjoy Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter together. They were a great match Sweeny Todd. Please give us a review if you happen to see it in the theatre. Cheers!

Petunia said...

I much prefer watching at home too. Closer to the kitchen, lol! The matinees are ok if I do venture out since it's much less crowded. I'll definitely give a review if I go.